Th3DarkSide
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
So.

I went to see Dune 2 today.

I'm probably the contrarian here, but I'm going to go with "Meh".

People are raging about it (good for them), but I was underwhelmed for a whole bunch of different reasons— not the least of which was that the costume designers were probably dropping acid throughout the entire film production.

Let's just say that the screen blurb that said the movie was only "Based on" the book was very, very accurate.

I've read the book at least a dozen times since high school, and I had trouble following what was going on. Two (or more depending on how you count them and at least one miniseries) movies made about the book and I'm standing my my original thought that Dune is simply a story that can *not* be made into a movie. There are just too many moving parts that intertwine— I just don't think that a movie will ever do it justice— at least not with any coherence.

If you enjoyed it, great.... but I found myself looking at my watch repeatedly during the movie— never a good sign.

Ymmv.

R.
I’m a fan of the source material and even lynches film. We saw part 2 in iMax last night. I enjoyed it but I agree there is too much going on to really tell the story correctly. I should really be a 6-8 episode miniseries.
Appreciate 0