View Single Post
      01-07-2024, 04:33 AM   #195
Monkey Throttle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 comp 6MT, 993 C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I understand that you are enthusiastic about promoting bitcoin.

But, as a word of caution: do beware of echo chambers as ideal breeding grounds for 'followers', confirmation bias and hype. Those may blind you for the downsides and dangers of the possibility of (very) bad experiences.

If a forum member over here shares his experience about a particular tire, a set of coilovers, a tune or some experience, others may chime in to express a different point of view. That's more balanced.
Tbh, I think a balanced view of BTC is what I shared in the first thread. It’s a volatile, relatively new technology with extremely high reward potential but also has its challenges as it’s politicized. Simultaneously a lot of people have previously bought high and sold low and lost a lot wealth. There are black swans that can derail it and no one should over invest in it.

I only recommend having some. Don’t sell your house. Don’t liquidate your retirement account. But the risk/reward balance is so favorable right now that it’s a smart time to dip in. The next 12-18 months should be very exciting with Blackrock, Fidelity and Vanguard all getting ready to push their corporate clients into their new ETF product
Appreciate 0