ericlr1225
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speed_M2 View Post
Hi everyone,

I know there are various forums on this topic and discussions often go on and continuely change based on new parts/findings so I wanted to ask this question again as we near the end of 2023.

As of right now, what are the best options for upgrading your turbo and your intercooler for an upgraded turbo setup? I personally wouldn’t want a top mount turbo, for example. I’d like to do a turbo swap and keep my high flow cat.

Personally, I’m considering pausing my G80 M3 order and upgrading my turbo and intercooler. I’m not sure just yet and I’d like to see what options are best and what they’d cost.

I’m currently around 430whp/440wtq and it’s a blast to drive but sometimes I get that urge to get to the 500whp club and experience what that would be like.
Since you're already got DS2, it can only support 500whp full E and a little more mixed fuel. You can leave the low side stock if 500whp is your goal.
If you are aiming >550whp ish, you need a bigger turbo(low end lag for sure). Above 600whp, extra fueling mods, LPFP+EKP and upgraded injectors to run E.

There are many good choices for big turbos, if lag is not a concern.
Small turbo to be 500whp, fast like stock spool, only TTE460 and Shuenk N55+. (no data on Pure500)

I'm on the route to 500whp+ too. My N55+ will arrive and it will get installed next week. My plan is to log with OTS stage2+ E30 maps and dyno, then get custom tune/log/dyno. I probably will create a post to record all the process.
In the Shuenk R&D facebook group, there is a M235 already pushing N55+ to mid 550whp range with DS2 only running E70 and Doug from Shuenk just bought a used m235 ready for N55+ turbo test. I guess a lot of things are happening on Dec. plus I will be tuning for "safe" street at the same time.

Last edited by ericlr1225; 11-26-2023 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 0