Thread: Wine Thread
View Single Post
      11-26-2023, 09:26 AM   #1087
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

So. The Minister of War & Finance and I got back from our road trip from Denver to Paso Robles and return.

We visited/tasted at four wineries with another couple while we were there. The general consensus between the four of us in in order of excellence was Adelaida, Tablas Creek, Linne Calado and Alta Colina (although it was generally agreed upon that the last two could have been flipped 3-4 or 4-3).

They were all *amazing*, but...... if you're in the Paso Robles area, I'd really, *really* recommend Adelaida. We did a food pairing with their Reserve wines tasting and it was pretty mind-blowing-- I'm not remotely as much into wine as the other three are, but damn, do they make good wine.

You can't go wrong with any of the four, but the we all agreed that Adelaida was something special.

And? The prices were significantly better than Napa for comparable wines.

My wife says that if you're going to Paso, you want to go west of 101 and north of 46 for the best wines-- i.e. the NW portion of the Paso vineyards.

R.

PS: Ignore the bottles of Realm in the picture-- our friends brought my wife's last Realm order with them when they drove down from Napa.
Attached Images

kscarrol8952.50
RickFLM411001.50
JJ 911SC23036.50
hubbahubba9030.50
BMWGUYinCO4141.50