United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
All of you who say "oh too bad it's a pontiac" are so elitist! I mean we are part of a society that the car you drive will show what social class you belong to. BUT give other car companies a chance maybe test drive one for once. You all act like the M3 is the best sports vehicle you have ever driven and have facts to prove it. WEll i hate to break it to you but the M3 really isn't all that WAYY better than other car manufacturers. Seriously it is all about personal opinion on the car you drive. And saying "the G8 is the poor mans M3" shut up. That's like saying a bmw is a poor mans bently.

HOnestly, open your minds and try checking out other competition out there. I am sure all of you don't LIKE every single thing about your car. All cars have their specific styles of driving and everyone picks and chooses those styles. That's why you have choices. Stop being so one sided on issues. I presented this thread just saying that GM is trying and you guys should just check it out and not demean it b/c of it's auto manufacturer.

I love the M3 more than any other car, but sometimes when i hear people talk about the car like its the best thing in the whole wide world... IT is ridiculous. Try figuring out ways you can improve it even more or mods that we can all use and stop saying how perfect it is.

Sorry for the venting but those who say "just a pontiac" need to shut up and grow up already. You sound so elitist when you even state something like that. You act like you have the power to look down on other auto manufacturers just b/c you drive an M3.

Why do you think BMW drivers have that stereotype of being an Ass Hole especially M owners. And another reason why many have moved over to m3forum b/c of some members on here are just so pompous and blind...

W/e im prolly gonna get banned for this.
First off, you sound butthurt for some reason or other but we'll get to that later. The M, believe it or not, has a legendary pedigree other car manufacturers only dream about. It's an excellent car for the money and I'm not saying that because I drive one but I'm saying that because of it's class and price it's practically unbeatable. Other car manufacturers can try, they can come close, but they never hit the mark the M consistently has through the years. If there was a car that is better than the M (despite the badge) I'd be driving it. The C63 is a very close alternative to the M and to compare a GM to either the C63 or M is either a joke or the result of a delusional mind.

Finally, this is a M3 forum so obviously the answers will be biased towards the car but the Pontiac is no way a direct or indirect competitor to the M3 and barely one to the 5 series. To say that the BMW is a poor man's Bentley is hardly comparable. Affluent people buy BMWs, Bentleys, Mercs, etc and I hate to say this but the GM brand isn't known for high end luxury so the "poor man's X" has been said for years about their cars.
Appreciate 0