07-15-2023, 05:56 AM   #11
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboWeasel View Post
You're not wrong, but unfortunately it makes good business sense as it simplifies production. Make one version of the seats and steering wheel and those who want heating, can pay for it after the fact instead of ticking an option box upfront.

I was browsing subscriptions on connected drive out of curiosity, and IIRC, to 'unlock' the seat heating 'for life' was about £500, otherwise 20 odd quid a month rolling.

How does that 500 quid compare to the previous business model of paying upfront on the build sheet? I've never bought a brand new BMW, so just curious.

What would be funny is if someone bought the car and chose not to use the subscriptions for say, 5 years, then decided to subscribe....the seat heaters had failed through lack of use
So yet more big brother tactics which i dont like , I specified heated seats on my 1st E46 330ci back in 2003, they were £300, in my mind thats the cost to enable the function (looms etc all present), only difference now is they have tech to do it remotely, personally I think the models sucks
Appreciate 0