12-08-2022, 01:40 PM   #227
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Lol. Tesla has been "almost there" for 8 years now. Last time the Model 3 fetch me mode was demonstrated to me by a colleague who has a Model 3 and is our chief scientist/lead system engineer, it amusingly failed terribly. Also, Tesla's vision-based system is useless in the rain in combination with road construction. You are just kidding yourself.

Real autonomous driving has been classified as "Level 5". Anything lower than Level 5 is just advanced driver's aids. The auto industry will back out; lawyers will kill it as much as the tech is far too expensive to implement.

The auto industry's "out" will be the US DOT. Once the DOT really sits down to approve Level 5 autonomy, the hands will all go up and point at the Feds as to why Level 5 never came to be.

And before you come back with some stupid retort about winning the argument about the future, I worked directly with the FAA for the better part of 12 years trying to implement drone fights into the national airspace system. And we've yet to see any FAA certified commercial autonomous drone flights (like Amazon package delivery). Surface street Level 5 autonomous driving is an order of magnitude (10x) more complex to implement than drones flying in US surveilled airspace.

Technology has caught up which is why I said tesla will be a first to provide fully autonomous driving. Their FSD shits on everything anyone has ever done and they will be the first. When is the deadline to this implementation to the general public? No one knows right? Did I mention a date? Nope. So your argument is once again invalid and crushed. Crazy how people love to run circles around a topic to confuse those who are reading just so they can have a say in the discussion.

I said 2030 there will be a gigantic ev swing favoring ev. Anything else you wanna talk about means nothing because it’ll be wrong.

Anything else you guys have to say holds no water because there’s nothing to support it. Everything I am saying holds a lot of water because IT IS FUCKING HAPPENING NOW IN REAL TIME.

Holy fuck I’m smart as fuck.