Thread: Road Noise
View Single Post
      10-20-2022, 11:06 AM   #14
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Yeah famous last words... I have never had a problem in 25 years.. but in winter 2020 I hit a pothole maybe 3 miles from home to bad it put such a large cut in my winter tires I lost all pressure. The problem being even if I called my wife she wouldn't have been able to lift a tire out of my tire rack, nor dig through my stuff to get my floor jack out. I went with the spare tire option now. It's weird because it's the maximum "default" size, yet the calculations show that the rolling diameter is off from the factory size. It cost me $220 for the tire with the rim from ECS (pre mounted) $7 from the screw to hold it down. $15 for a compact lug wrench $20 for a scissor jack. Now I'm good to go! (Plus I do have the fix a flat kit/pump that didn't do squat for the huge hole I put). This summer coming back from a 5 hr road trip with the kids in the minivan I actually had a tire completely blow out on the highway for the first time ever! Scary as heck.. but I did have the spare tire on the minivan, and limped it at 65mph for the next couple of hours. Boy does it suck when highway speeds at 65 you're still a turtle in the slow lane, but I wasn't going to risk another blowout with a fully loaded van so far from home.
Appreciate 0