vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRod321 View Post
Funny thing is, in my county anyways(Nassau/suffolk), you need 4 character references just for a sportsman/target permit. Does this mean you need four NEW references, or do you have to re-submit these references for a CCW permit?
Nobody is coming for your current permit. This is all added restrictions on *new* permits, especially in NYC where the SCOTUS has now removed the massive hurdle for getting a permit to carry outside of your residence.

Quote:
then there should be reciprocity then or a CCW permit that's honored by EVERY state.
Now you're just talking silly! Some states don't even issue/require CCW permits. I'd settle for being able to carry in/through NYC with my NY State unrestricted permit, which currently becomes null and void at the NYC border despite NYC being in NY State and a huge leech on our state taxes.

Quote:
That's what frustrates me with this state smh.
Exit strategy. I can step into Cabelas in SC and buy a pistol with a SC resident driver's license and the federal background check. No months of your new purchase sitting in gun jail while you wait for the permit amendment to be processed (and probably have to go explain why you need *another* gun to the issuing/approving judge). No Thordsen stock (aka: the featureless ugly stick) on your new AR-15 that they hand out to new state residents as a welcome gift.....