Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3n_M View Post

Russell, what can I say, I thought it was a dirty move given Checo was ahead and past him. He learned well from Ham it seems on RBs taking the outside. Resets my respect for him and lost big driver points in my book. Checo was a solid 3rd place today without question, given Sainz situation.
I don't see it as a dirty move - it's just racing. All these incidents that involve tire touching it's really just racing. It doesn't matter who it is - which team or driver, these are things that happen when cars are that close to each other. It's really unfortunate but unless someone purposely points their car into another, these are incidents in a race of mere inches. If RUS backs out and slows down to avoid PER, who's to say he doesn't cause another incident with the driver behind him in that turn? In that situation, RUS is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. He got the 5 second penalty so sure "it's his fault" but I can't go as far to say I lost respect for him or any driver - s**t literally just happens.

I don't know, that's how I see it. I think I would be more upset with VET reversing back onto the grid and potentially causing an accident than something that happens when it's strictly racing.
Respect your opinion, we can agree to disagree. I know racing incidents happen, it's just how I see it plus the fact I don't like Merc helps my bias lol.
Appreciate 2
NYG11039.50