05-10-2022, 10:59 AM   #148
ga9213
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
I consider the near future 10 years. We are at least 20 years away (at our current rate of implementation) from having the infrastructure required to support 80% EV adoption in the US.

The real problem is there are so many things that need to happen in parallel and require immense coordination and strategic planning. Things that are just too far outside the scope of what most governments and corporations are able to manage on this scale.

Governments don't care about what's reasonable or realistic; just what yields the most favorable optics and makes lobbyists happy. Corporations don't care about what's best for the environment or the customer; just what yields the biggest return as quickly as possible. Make these two parties work together and how do you think this is going to end?
Well, that's good then because no one (that I've seen) is targeting anything faster than this.

But you're right we definitely are going to hit road blocks along the way with respect to government because one side has made it a political position to hinder the advancement of the adoption. That's a pity.
Appreciate 0