04-07-2022, 01:02 PM   #62
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHersh View Post
Please help, I just got my X1 on Sunday. I have had no issues. But I got a bimmercode and was making some of the suggested changes from YouTube nothing crazy and nothing in expert mode everything was going fine except one of the codes I got a notification that the software requires update certified dealer. I was not able to change the settings back and delete the issue it stays on there when I went to the website to see if I had the current software the BMW website says I do does anybody know how to turn off this code or delete it?
Without more details on what exactly you were coding and how, it is difficult to advise. Given the car is new to you, I would be slightly suspicious that the instrument cluster could have been “chipped” or replaced and your coding attempt inadvertently triggered security/tamper issues. If you have restored Bimmercode setting from back-up,you could just play dumb and see what they say. Normally coding outside of expert mode is relatively safe but issues do occur.
Appreciate 1