View Single Post
      04-06-2022, 01:30 AM   #46
Caduceus
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 (sold), 2017 M2

Plenty of International acts come to Australia and the best of them I've seen was Foo Fighters. Epic stadium band! Sad news about Taylor and waiting for a refund on the now-cancelled tour in December. Runner up with a different vibe was Train - Pat Monahan really endeared himself to the crowd.

Totally different vibe again but saw Neil Diamond and found it a bit too scripted like he was just going through the motions. Older crowd obviously but a bit waffley and boring. I've been to Neil Diamond impersonator shows and they go off a lot harder than Neil himself.

Among Aussie bands, Midnight Oil in their prime were excellent. I just wish Garrett would keep his mouth shut on politics and stick to singing and his awesome dancing. This was before he got into politics so he was really mouthy. Overall great concerts though.

Baby Animals have some great music and sound terrific live but Susie Demarchi just carried on like a foul-mouthed gronk between songs. I get it they are a "Rock Band" but this particular concert was at a Winery with lots of family groups present and the expletives flowed non-stop. Icehouse sound a bit like the way people are describing the Cars (never seen them) - great studio albums but just didn't do it very well live.

Last edited by Caduceus; 04-06-2022 at 02:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15857.50