View Single Post
      02-20-2022, 02:36 PM   #170
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
We live in COVID times these days and sales are also being skewed due to the semiconductor chip shortage and higher demand these days. BMW has done relatively well to overcome the shortage and Mercedes have not for example. In 2021 and for the first time in 5 years, BMW has outsold Mercedes. That includes all models, not just the beaver-faced ones.

My dealer was trying to get me to sell my F80 for huge premium. We live in interesting times and trying to use sales figure to prove people loving the grilles is just serving an agenda.
It blows my mind away how little people understand about sales, marketing and what drives people to buy things. Of course emotion can confuse people (especially men) or at least definitely cause an unaware bias in their thinking process. Either way brother people don’t buy things they think are ugly unless they are doing it as an investment like art or some other rare and difficult to get object. Having said this even in these difficult days you would have to be a complete moron to buy an M3 as an investment. Some of you guys are getting desperate. I have bad news for you it’s going to get worse. Wait until the official M numbers come out and it will be right in front of you. I will enjoy those threads as people will have to get in greater detail of their denial than what you wrote.
Appreciate 0