View Single Post
      12-14-2021, 03:30 PM   #12329
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Simple rule of thumb: put your heel on the pedal. With the pedal at the very bottom your leg should be completely straight (with your butt on the saddle). That way when you put your foot in the normal position (pedal axle a bit behind the ball of your foot), your leg should be in a decent position.

If that still doesn't help, don't give up; there are a lot of variables! The last 3/16" of saddle height is over 10% of your efficiency.

Your knees shouldn't hurt when riding, ever. Regardless of whether you're a novice or otherwise. I took to riding a lot as a teenager, when Osgood schlatters disease meant I couldn't run more than about 100yd without my knees swelling up.
Agreed with above. I just started trail riding again with a buddy and once I got the seat position to a comfortable spot the knees felt much better the following day. Still felt tight, but as we've ridden more your body becomes accustomed.

Hell I raked leaves for the better part of 4 hours the other day and my body was achy for 2 days after just from the new movements. Or I'm just getting old, which I decline to accept as fact.
Appreciate 1
Sara5824.50