12-14-2021, 09:35 AM   #15
GNOV
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by djadam View Post
What year is your X1?

If it's already an LCI then you don't need the new connectors/pins etc., you can just switch the old lights with the new ones, then the hard part (unfortunately) will be coding them correctly.
Thank you for your post! As I indicated in the beginning, this X1 has the LCI tail lights already as it is 2020 model, however they are USA specs.

I already ordered the retrofit kit as you advised which will apparently be Euro specs. I did order the connectors and stuff which you said I did not need. Since I was not sure, I ordered these too. Will have them just in case, for example something from those breaks when mounting.

I was told by several people that although my original lights are LCI already, replacing them with the Euro version would not be just simple switching since there might be differences in the wiring itself. Do you think that it would be as simple as just repeating the same connections? Remember, I am sure you are aware, that in the US version the break light blinks along with the turning signal and the turning signal itself blinks red. The break ligh has to be separated from the turning signal.

As for the coding after mounting, yes, I know it will be a challenge.

If I can spare taking the car to a private shop for the mounting, meaning if I can do it myself, that would be great since after that I could ask a professional coder to connect remotely and help with the coding.
Appreciate 0