View Single Post
      08-17-2021, 02:49 PM   #1
kmark2688
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 xDrive28i

Exclamation Drivetrain Malfunction Warning

A little bit of background: 2017 X1 F48 xDrive28i, 73k mi, one owner (me), expertly taken care of and maintained. Just had the water pump replaced due to a coolant leak because the plastic impeller inevitably shits the bed (Audi, this you?). Anyways, I also had a cracked motor mount which was simultaneously replaced and $2200 my car is still being a shit.

It's idling really, I don't know, loud? Heavy? DOING THE MOST? I'm not a car person, so I don't know how to describe it. Imagine the sound of a commercial HVAC unit or small generator turning on - that's what it sounds like. It also does this jerky-jerk lurchy-lurch forward bounce when I'm coasting at 5-10mph. It's somewhere between a dainty shiver and Cha-Cha-Sliding into the rear of the car in front of you if you're bumper-kissing.

Not sure if the following is related, but it's the crux of this post, soooooooo......

I haven't had any overt scary warning lights come on until I switched to Eco-Pro mode, which, I NEVER use. After about 10 minutes of driving in said mode, I get the ominous Drivetrain Malfunction Warning on my infotainment system and I pull over shortly after. I power the car off, preparing to call roadside assistance, googled some scary stuff and sat there for 15 mins. It was hot as balls so I turned the car back on, it idles weirdly for a bit (the uzhe) but no warning light comes back on. I'm able to make it home without it coming back on at all.

But, like, I don't trust it. Has anyone had something similar happen to them? Any input would be lovely!
Appreciate 0