View Single Post
      06-03-2021, 08:20 AM   #9306
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Thanks y'all! Everything was great. Long wedding - a lot of the bridal party showed up Wednesday the 19th. Golf & drinks for myself allday with the groomsmen, spa & drinks for the wife. Thursday we checked into the resort, luckily just 40 mins away, where we held the wedding. All of the bridal party and majority of guests were there at that point (we had about 150 show up). Friday morning was rehearsal followed by rehearsal brunch in downtown Charleston (we rented a vintage bus for 50 of us which was a blast!). Got back to the resort around 2 and hit the beach & beach bar until 8. From 8-10pm we hosted a welcome party for the guests. Saturday was a busy day. Started getting ready at 10am, girls were starting at 8am. Photographer for both of us showed up at noon and we knocked that out. First look at 1pm, bridal party photos at 2pm, ceremony at 3:30pm, then reception until 10pm. It was a long exhausting day, but we had an absolute blast. Everything was outdoor and the weather was perfect, around 84 with a breeze. Luckily the reception was relatively shaded, ceremony was a little warm so that is what it is. We stayed at the resort all Sunday just hanging out with family and friends.

Monday we took off to Costa Rica which was an absolute blast. Monday-Friday at a private residence in Tamarindo at which we drove to a bunch of the local beaches and enjoyed some fantastic food. Friday-Tuesday at a all inclusive resort up in Playa Flamingo. Got back into Charleston and home around 11:30pm - minor hicup as our bags did not make the transition onto our flight from Miami to Charleston. With that said I just received update that they have arrived at the airport.

I'll try to get some pics together but I don't want to fill up the thread too much!
Well done brother....well done. Sounds like a great time, not to mention being able to share with your best friend. Happy for you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
I'm in a similar boat as you in that I'm starting to really feel the effects of her shitty parents on her. I don't really know what to do about it - I'm teetering between feeling bad because she's fried and feeling frustrated because it's affecting me...

It's not even like I'm on a mission to "save her" or anything but it just doesn't feel right to break up with someone over their bad parenting, but doesn't feel right to continue feeling like this about myself in this relationship.
A couple of theories that I have, just something to ponder.

Most in-laws (or those who fit this role) are viewed as terrible because of how the significant other cares for their mate and disagrees with how their mate was treated by their parents. I'm still getting used to the fact that this is how my boys girlfriends see me. I know both of my wives felt this way about my both of my parents.

Most people mature to end up being much like their parents.

Just food for thought my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Guys, he's not dating anymore. He's in prison!
Correction. He's a new world dating champion. Most of us in here have a hard time getting someone not to ghost us. Yep....champion he is.
Appreciate 1