View Single Post
      05-28-2021, 08:48 PM   #18
wcs2229
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 F48 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaI View Post
So the coolant was added to the right place(it is really hard to mix oil, coolant and windshield tank even if it is your first time since each has a original cap with a different color and illustration).
My question is - how is it possible that when there was no coolant the dashboard sign never turned on, than after 3 days that same tank was empty (still no sign or error codes anywhere (sensor not working?) . Than second thing, even if that sensor (coolant level sensor) was not working , how is it possible that while the engine was destroying itself - not even one dashboard warning sign or code showed up? Oli sign, overheating sign or any other warning on a dashboard. Is it possible that someone somehow turned off some of the sensors to cover a big issue before selling a car? Will diagnostic show anything?
How much antifreeze did you put in? There may be an air lock in the radiator that needs to be bleeded, or fluid will not flow down from plastic coolant reservoir.

My 2018 X1 F48 does have a temperature sensor. When I cycle through the dash driver information centre to the coolant, it shows whether it is cold/normal and has a horizontal bar chart as a temp gauge.
Appreciate 0