View Single Post
      03-12-2021, 10:41 PM   #8336
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

@Turkish Pickle

7 months is still new. Communication is key and something you want to get right while the relationship is young. I would definitely talk to her but make sure that you talk to/with her and not at her (I hope this makes sense). I think time apart is a good thing. We all need it. However you decide to tell her, after you say it ask her how it makes her feel. Also, watch her body language to see how she physically reacts (pulls away, shifts around, etc). It's always good to ask questions back and make sure the person understands what you're saying. Sometimes, we think what we are saying is good but the other person doesn't hear it that way or interprets it differently. Asking questions helps create a dialogue to make sure you're on the same page & clears up anything that could have been taken out of context.

I'm not sure who is introverted/extroverted or if y'all are the same but understanding what fuels or wears on these personality types can be helpful. Ex. I'm very introverted. People don't think this but I have to be extroverted for work so when I get home I'm done. My husband is extremely extroverted. He would talk to sheet rock if it talked back. People recharge him. We would be at a party for a few hours & I would be ready to go. He would take forever so by the time we got in the car I was spent and just done. He would say we had such a nice time, what's the problem. It took some work but he now understands that I just need some me time. It's nothing against him and he doesn't take it personal anymore.

I don't know if this helps any but good luck and keep us posted.
Appreciate 4
Buug95918231.00
King Rudi13164.00
MKSixer34192.50