02-25-2021, 07:54 AM   #11
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanJ View Post
It seems that I didn't found much help on bimmerfest forums.

To conclude, I receive just the following two different answers:
- a new BDC and new keys is needed, ordered with my car's VIN at a bmw car dealer (very expensive)
- a "used bdc (my note: with comfort access) can be installed as long as proper tools are available to adapt it". But the user who sent this obvious reply didn't answered to the invitation for more details.

So... no help there.
It may be useful if you download ISTA, it will list parts for each option including S322A comfort access. It will identify if a new/different BDC is actually required of whether your existing BDC just needs coding for comfort access. I can confirm that any different BDC fitted to your car whether new or used would need to be coded to your car VIN. This is a security measure otherwise a car could be stolen and all security by-passed just by re-placing the BDC.

I give you the link to download ISTA which another forum member (wcs2229) has set-up. Once you have ISTA you can search parts by option code and see if parts are different or missing. Remember for an option to work, all option parts have to be fitted in the car and enabled through coding. I do know new keys would be required (because comfort access has different key fobs) , I do not know if different BDC is reqired, I will try and check for you.

https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=18

Last edited by MJE60; 02-25-2021 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 0