MarioGeo
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioGeo View Post
Another important variable may be the tyre pressure on the front wheels compared to rear wheels. If the front tyres are overinflated then the spinning effect may be accentuated since the contact with the road will be smaller. If the pressure between front and rear will be out of manufacturer recommendations then the gravity center may be affected also.
Hummm. Does not apply to this car I am afraid. BMW design is such that tyre pressures would have little impact if any. Along with all BMWs the engineers have designed the vehicles as much as they have 50/50 weight distribution, so tyre pressures will have little or no impact. They have even put the battery in the front to get the C of G in the centre for the X1, whereas in many other series they have put the battery in the boot (trunk) to balance the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioGeo View Post
Another important variable may be the tyre pressure on the front wheels compared to rear wheels. If the front tyres are overinflated then the spinning effect may be accentuated since the contact with the road will be smaller. If the pressure between front and rear will be out of manufacturer recommendations then the gravity center may be affected also.
Hummm. Does not apply to this car I am afraid. BMW design is such that tyre pressures would have little impact if any. Along with all BMWs the engineers have designed the vehicles as much as they have 50/50 weight distribution, so tyre pressures will have little or no impact. They have even put the battery in the front to get the C of G in the centre for the X1, whereas in many other series they have put the battery in the boot (trunk) to balance the car.
My understanding is that F48 has a 54/46 weight distribution (not 50/50 like BMW sedans). I understand also that even the X drive is also slightly front bias hence the reason why tyre pressure is different from front to rear.

https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1320310
Appreciate 0