Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Yeah, I know, when you aren't buying it for yourself there is a little let down to be honest.

But I've never had an experience where I got to go directly to the general manager of the dealership and deal with them directly - that was a new one for me, but very pleasant as it was short and sweet. No salesman running back and forth 10 times coming back with a different number each time.

In the end, I got the payments reduced by $130 per month over 36 months on a vehicle that MSRP's at $60K before tax. Which is reasonably significant as the profit margins are typically lower with lower priced vehicles.

What did that dealership eventually let it go for discount wise?
From what I remember, car was listed at 13,995+TTL, we walked out for 14200. I told him to open from $13k out the door or $12k+TTL and work from there, he started from 13500 OOTD even though $14k was his ultimate budget. The $200 meant he ate ramen for a week or two

edit: it was a 2013(14?) Passat S with less than 20k miles. I'm assuming it was a loaner car for the dealer and then went to auction since he bought it from a Mazda/Subaru dealer.

Better than me, though. I got my Lincoln for $500 off. Paid $12.5k out the door and two months later carmax offered me $6500. So I've been driving it until the wheels fall off; haven't even turned on the car in almost a month. Something tells me when I return it might not even start.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7944.00