View Single Post
      01-24-2021, 07:24 AM   #11
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Just a point to mention with regard to installing the EUROPE Way 2021-1 update in your X1.
If you find that the install process is quite quick, even though when you go into Navigation settings and check the version it will show you have the 2021-1 'edition', this may not reveal the true picture, even if you are able to use the Navigation facility.
I found that if I either quit the navigation, or pressed OK when the first install screen came up after plugging in your USB dongle, the full update has not been applied.
To check that, I reinstalled the dongle and turned on the ignition only to find that the update was only around 40% complete. By NOT touching any of the Nav buttons, OR the OK note on screen to say the update was progressing and just driving off, or sitting outside my garage with the engine running, the full update was applied and the Nav restarted itself.
To prove this, I mentioned it to a pal with an X1 and he did the same, finding the full install took a while longer whilst he was out driving, despite his having thought he'd completed the full update earlier.
So, as I say, just a point to consider for UK/EU X1 drivers.
Appreciate 0