Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Pickle - Breathe! 3 months to go.

I get the sponsor thing. I have two foreign employees and it is a pain in the ass and costs a fortune. I am not condoning the behavior of the companies who told you they do not hire foreigners though.

Hit me up if you want to talk.
Thank you!
It's really a case of me being picky if anything; the place I interned this summer is inviting me back but it's also not in the city. I want to be in the city because campus is in bum fuck no where and I feel like I'm getting old mentally being here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Some companies can't hire foreign nationals due to the line of work, i.e distribution level, security level, etc. It's perfectly legal, not like they're being judged off their nationality.

Tough spot you're in. Keep your hopes up, keep applying, don't sulk. I was in a similar position when I was in college, although had a job offer but it was furloughed due to the election. Luckily that was remediated and everything worked out. But those last few months I was applying to everything under the sun (as long as it was interesting to an extent, you don't want to be miserable). Do you have any friends from back home who have gotten positions in your field of study within the states? If so try to utilize those connections. The saying "it's not what you know, it is who you know" is true to an extent, especially when applying for first time positions.
Yeah that's true, I've been recruiting heavily. Plan is to fall back on the place I interned at if by end of October if stuff still looks bleak.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34192.50