09-30-2020, 11:09 AM   #36
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
the current gen C63 S AMG is probably more track ready in my experience than a stock F8X.
No disrespect, but this statement couldn't be the furthest thing from the truth. Hammering your buddy's whatever ride on backroads to actually determining a vehicle's race worthiness on an actual race track is a chasm as wide as the Grand Canyon.

You're comparing a glass roofed 2 plus ton pig with single piston rear floating calipers to a proven motorsport influenced F8X chassis that not only track rats buy, but actual Nurburgring rental car businesses acquire as rev generating assets.

Exhibit:

Businesses stay in b by driving profits so the smart ones tend to purchase things that minimize liabilities/expenses. There are rarely if any C63Ss nor Alfa Romeo GQs nor any other vehicles in this class that serves up what the F8X delivers.

So this Apex rental company based in Germany actually runs two F8Xs with another heavily modified F82 in their garage because it's a proven platform.

For the OP, I'm pretty certain I'd enjoy the C63S's radar cruise and other comforting accouterments than the more spartan F8X (as a DD). The C AMG is a great car, but let's be real here. One is an outright GT. The other is a proven GT/track hybrid and may well be, as time passes, the best M car ever made with big ups to Mr. Albert Biermann.