08-21-2020, 10:23 AM   #18
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Just got my car back.

Had a whole list of "black listed codes" was told the Mperformance startup screen is a early indicator of tampering but usually harmless and ignored but due to the fault and the pull down by BMW nothing could be done to help the outcome or situation I'm now in. A car that has no internal electrical systems covered in the warranty. Luckily BMW have approved a full reset (they do not always agree to this) that will clean sheet the car and I have been told this will take 1day+ but will include all of the latest software/firmware/enhancement flashes with all consumer allowed access in modules available.

It's not the world of total pain I thought I would be in but I can just suppose luckily due to our families relationship with the dealer I did receive some discount on what it would be with it coming to £550 all in fully capped regardless of time to do. That's the BMW permission codes to reset & German labour to access and clean sheet with 2.5hrs labour for Dealer to go in and update all items & set the car up as required.

It could be so much worse there was a customer today told that their nearly new M3 was totally blacklisted due to engine & gearbox mapping as well as a tampered coding. BMW have said no to clean sheeting & BMW warranty/finance have also withdrawn from the vehicle & customer.

Lesson learnt & it will be going in next week for it to be done.

Very clear warning here they are checking and nothing is untraceable, like mentioned early in the post/thread in a reply BMW have very much gone the way of VAG in terms of zero tolerance & blacklisting.
Jim23k57.50
RobUK2825.50