08-19-2020, 05:02 PM   #9
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
When in doubt; wait.
Sure. And as you say, you can't speak for everyone.

That's good because in my case, there is no doubt. I am 100% convinced that this virus is not remotely deadly enough to warrant a quarantine process along the lines of the one I describe in the quote you took from my post. I don't see any science that supports that, nor do I see any policies in place across the globe that would suggest any significant portion of the earth's population believes this is a doomsday scenario or extinction-level event or what have you.

Quote:
We do not yet know the long-term effects of COVID19, but it has certainly been suggested that there are negative lasting effects.
For some people, I'm sure there will be. Just like there are in some rare cases for people who contract other illnesses that we do little to curb the spread of.

Quote:
I can't speak for everyone, but will consider everyone infected and potentially a path to great harm to me and my family until such time as there is proven, effective treatment/and or a vaccine.

I don't think that's unreasonable to assume.
Then that's absolutely what you should continue to do. I do hope you are also maintaining mental and physical health since we know that failing to do that, pandemic or no pandemic, leads to all sorts of issues, some of them potentially very harmful if they persist for too long. I know not everyone is taking care of themselves, and that's already taken its toll on plenty among us. Please maintain your mind and body.
Appreciate 3