Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post
I second CG being inferior to many other good products on Autogeek. I started with CG, and I have either thrown away or given away all of it after finding brands like Sonax, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Duragloss, etc. Although I hear good things about CG wash soap. All that being said, the only thing in that kit that I would not use is the Butter Wet wax... only because I hear it lasts about a month and there are countless sealants that last about 5-10x longer so why bother?

I also second buckets and grit guards. I would also get a good rinseless wash and watch some videos. I use Wolfgang Uber. It’s a game changer. So much quicker, and you can do maintenance washes on only parts of the vehicle if needed (like top only if it’s just a layer of dust).

For wheels, a good brush and wash soap is probably all you need. I haven’t had a good experience with any wheel cleaner. You still need to put in work.

Back to Autogeek... that forum is the best detailing resource ever. Many step by steps with products listed and such (note - none of those products will be CG, minus maybe the wash soap). The members put a lot of time into their posts. Invaluable info.

I assume you already got your car detailed. If we could turn back the clock, I would say go get a polisher and do it yourself. I bit the bullet years ago when I got a $2k quote for paint correction and coating. It’s been one of my favorite car decisions ever. I love machine polishing my cars.

Would you guys suggest ceramic coating? I still havent gotten the car detailed. I did a Maintinence wash at my buddies house the other day.

Full exterior Detail is $200. I could get a ceramic coating with paint correction for $1000. Wondering if its worth it. Car is Black Sapphire Metallic btw.
It heavily depends on the coating used. I would go for Gtechniq Crystal serum ultra. Visit their website for accredited installers and get a quote. It is likely going to be more than $1k but at least you are getting a quality coating rather than some off the shelf coating.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0