View Single Post
      07-18-2020, 09:50 AM   #1
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

M Sport LCI Paddle wheel retrofit on e90 lci UPDATE-figured it out!

Hey guys, I’ve searched pretty extensively on the subject and although I believe I found my answer, I need further clarification. Any help would be appreciated.

Car is a 2009 335i xDrive non sport package but every other option. Didn’t come with paddles from the factory and I’m looking to put the wheel I just purchased on which is an M Sport wheel from an e90 LCI M Sport.

I believe the requirements to make this work are the BMS paddle shift harness and then to make the paddles work I’d need to unsolder and resolder certain resistors in the paddles themselves. Unfortunately the BMS adapter is out of stock and has been for the last several weeks so I was planning on following ska///235i DIY and run the wires myself.

After being on the hunt for a sport steering wheel with paddles I stumbled across this m sport lci wheel with the + - paddles on it with airbag for a great deal so I jumped on it. Later to find out that to making the paddles work with this wheel in my car requires more than just a harness or running the 2 extra wires yourself.

My question is;

1.) can I follow that diy to make my car “paddle compatible” and/or does anyone know somewhere else other than BMS I can find a harness?

2.) do I have to unsolder and resolder the resistors in the paddles to make them work even tho my car is an lci?

3.) my plan all along was to get different larger billet paddles and from this thread some other members found out that the newer generation f series paddles are plug and play for the push pull style paddles. So would it be possible for me to just buy a set of those instead of unsoldering and resoldering the resistors in the paddles? That would kill two birds with one stone S the lci paddles don’t have much capability to change the actual plastic paddles for larger ones like Popular options for the dct style from the m3.

Thanks in advance guys and here’s what wheel I just purchased for clarity. It’s an mSport wheel that half perforated leather.
Attached Images

Last edited by GearHead335i; 07-26-2020 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0