07-02-2020, 04:21 PM   #4
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanne View Post
Are all previous BMW models out of luck then when it comes to Android connectivity? I just bought a 2017 BMW X1, and I am having issues with the infotainment system shutting off completely and then rebooting itself whenever my Galaxy Note 10+ is connected via USB. I took it back to the dealership, only having owned the car for a couple of weeks now. They said its a compatibility issue, but didn't have any solution. Is this fixable? Or am I stuck not ever being able to plug my phone into my car?? If anyone has any insight, it will be greatly appreciated.
That's weird! I have a 2018 X1 Fully loaded with the upgraded stereo...not the HK and I plug in my new Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone. You should check your phone settings and maybe Google this too. I have no issues and recently there was a system update and now under my phone connections I can now check apps. I can auto start Spotify if I prefer too.`Not a fan of Android Auto as it kinda takes over your phone and changes things on it. Bluetooth works best and much prefer it over Android Auto or Apple Car Play which I find laggy on most phones. Although the BMW Navigation system isn't the best...it's still top 5 and certainly better than Infiniti, Acura and many other vehicles. Some brands don't have touch screen. It's fast and what I like most about it is if you plan ahead you can send your destination from your Google map app to your car's navi.

Last edited by Xorbitman; 07-02-2020 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 0