01-27-2020, 08:27 AM   #3062
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Thanks for the comments everybody.

My dad is actually a Minister. We had so many people from his church show up yesterday, it was overwhelming. He has been in the Ministry since I was about 10 yo.

I will be the first to admit that I'm not the man I should be in that aspect. I had a very hard struggle with that when my son died...kind of jaded me.

But I'm trying to do better.
I'm really glad there was an outpouring of support from members of the church...I'll be honest, sometimes that doesn't happen and it is disappointing...especially when you think "man, these people call themselves Christians". So I'm glad that there was a lot of support!

I cannot relate to losing a son, but my heart goes out to you, that would be tough beyond what I can understand right now and I understand why you would struggle.

While sounding blunt, I don't mean it as such, but not sure how else to convey it, but in my experience, God wants us...all of us and 100% of us...that we put him first and live to bring glory to him. Sometimes, the way he gets our attention is gently...through a whisper to our hearts. And sometimes he uses a 2x4....depends on our personality I think. I've been a recipient of the 2x4 approach a few times because I'm a wee bit stubborn, and frankly, this may be a 2x4 moment for you right now, where he is trying to get your attention.

Talk to your dad about your struggle, but most of all, talk to God. I'm sure you've already voiced the struggle you are having to God, do it again. Jesus knows struggling, he was tempted, he was tried on false charges, was separated from God at the cross, he died for our sins not his own - he knows agony really well. But know that God loves you as well, more than you can imagine. But he wants all of you, not just a part of you. That's something that I'm struggling with right now, putting him first.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8222.00