Chelsea Football Club
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky dj View Post
You're confused, I'm confused? The GTR350 has a starting price that is more than the GT500 but less in specs it appears, which is the better car is it the GTR because it's more expensive?

My argument is does the new M340i that's developed by the M division (which is apparently the main caveat for the ///M fanboys) with M division parts, sacrilegious to to have the M badge on its end when BMW GmbH themselves say so?

No one ever on the thread questioned that it's the premium M version. Its just funny to see /// M guys so offended because their car is getting watered down, what else could it be? Any real BMW person knows what's the premium car.

Is an Audi S5 which is the original Audi sport car now a less of a car even though the more recently developed RS5 line is the premium sport line of Audi? Who cares, don't get OFFENDED, love your car, don't hate on the brand(ing)...
GT350 = Road car that can also hold its own on the track. Aimed for the enthusiast, with a NA V8 (that sounds glorious), 6MT only, RWD, etc. Similar to that of an M car in regards to the hierarchy of Mustangs.

GT350R = A GT350 that is buttoned down for hard track duty. Lighter weight includes many mechanical upgrades, can be optioned without radio, ac, backseats, etc., and is limited production, not really a road car. Similar to that of a CS/CSL. Here's more info on the R (https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15349969/ford-mustang-shelby-gt350r-gets-its-back-seat-back-as-a-999-extra/)

GT500 = Drag strip star, was always meant to be the fastest, while still retaining a front-engined V8 with RWD layout, thus why it only comes with an auto now, but also still be able to handle track duty.

This video is pretty good at going over some of the Shelby Mustang history, and is also just a pretty entertaining watch and has the ever so immature and funny but incredibly knowledgeable Jason Cammisa.

Regarding the M car naming scheme, it doesn't effect me, so I could care less, plus I own a fake AMG and love it, and I pretty much saw the whole thing coming with Mercedes following suit from Audi, and BMW tends to follow Mercedes a lot for certain things so, it was pretty inevitable. We should all be worried about BMW's styling department and sterilization of their cars more than their marketing plans of the M brand
Thanks for that insight. Finally got some actual intelligent specs/feedback and it's not even referring the cars in question lol.

And your "fake" AMG is awesome bro . Would love to get my hands on a C43, I'd make it into a total sleeper/killer.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25175.00