pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
So let me ask this. I *might* have just recently been pulled over on the highway. Rather than pull off to the side of the highway I took the next exit. Just to give the officer a little more room in a safer area. What I didn't realize until I committed to this strategy is that the next exit was about 2 miles away. Then when I pulled off there wasn't a good area so I drove almost another mile to pull into a gas station. Couldn't tell if he was annoyed or not.

What's the official preference here? I was actually going to ask the guy but he wasn't the talkative type.
I personally preferred to be off the freeway and in a well lit situation. If the officer didn't get on the PA and direct you to pull over immediately, it's safe to assume that he/she was okay with you exiting.
Ok that makes me feel better. Wasn't sure if he thought I was just committing to the slowest getaway possible, with a scenic tour of Del Mar.

Have the say, the man was quick though. Once we finally stopped I think the whole traffic stop took maybe 3 mins on the top end.
Appreciate 0