View Single Post
      11-04-2019, 08:36 AM   #52
adi555
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookol View Post
Received the Fitcam a couple of days early and performed the install last evening.
Have to agree with Dianebrat that the instructions are totally worthless.
I received the correct wiring harness for my particular build that has the driver's assistance package with auto high beams, lane keeping warning, etc.

For my particular model, the wiring harness connected via a small red connector just below the windshield, not the one in the pictures or videos. I needed needle nose pliers in order to undo this connection as it is tight agains the windshield and the connector is small in size.

While initially confusing, the connection became obvious As it was the only red connector and looked exactly like the one in the harness.

Also agree with Dianebrat that closing up the housing was somewhat of an ass pain requiring manipulating the wires this way and that in order to have them fit in a fairly tight enclosure.

Once that was completed, I got my unit to connect to Road Cam this morning on iPhone IOS 13

First I opened the Wi-Fi tab in my IPhone settings and found the dash cam which showed up as CARDV-966b. Clicked on it, then entered the password "12345678"
Then I opened RoadCam app and it just worked.

Whole process took longer than I expected, but mostly that was due to struggles getting all the wiring to fit in order to close up the housing.

So far, so good. I will update this post in a week or two once I have tested to make sure that I haven't lost any important functions.
Even though I don't have auto highbeam or lane keep systems, the harness that I received too connected to that small red connector and trust me it was the most frustrating thing to unplug it without damaging anything.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0