View Single Post
      03-07-2019, 04:47 PM   #100
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Are you incapable of acknowledging the speed restriction isn't intended to be only a top speed limiter?
I'm sorry but you haven't read the article.
The article clearly states:
Quote:
From next year, all new Volvos (beginning with the 2021 model year) will be limited to 112mph (180km/h).
Thats not so difficult to understand I think?

For the rest volvo wants to start a conversation about speeding, driving while intoxicated or distracted.
They dont say anyting about what they will do. Just a conversation.
Or are you afraid to talk about things?
Sounds like you live in a world of fear then. Maybe you suffer from Metathesiophobia
I mean safety belts, airbags, ABS and such systems also started that way.
Also then opposed by (in my eyes very stupid) nay sayers.
But that turned out not so bad either I think.....

I have no problem having tech in a car that prevents people to drive away drunk. I think drinking and driving is an absolute nono.
You ask how they are going to do that in shock and awe, afraid that you have to blow in a tube or whatnot, but that isnt even the issue now.
Who knows what kind of tech they will invent on that. But I'm sure that it won't be something that will mess with the art of driving, as you can be sure that Volvo at least will implement such systems safely.

You know that your reference to Niemöller is an example that you've won the Godwin's law race don't you?
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0