02-27-2019, 11:55 PM   #16
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Keep in mind the Chase Reserve has a $300 annual travel credit. So that pretty much drops the $450 annual fee to $150.

(edit) I see Amex Plat has $200 annual, but only in airline credit. So the Chase reserve is used on anything classified as travel such as; airbnb, any hotel place/reserve site, car rental, etc..
That Amex Plat $200 flight credit has to be a pre-chosen airline too, compared with the other cards that lump travel into the credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
im surprised nobody mentioned the recently revised citi presitge card.

i currently have both reserve and plat but honestly don't use the plat much anymore, thinking about downgrading to gold.

the only benefit i see with the plat is the customer service and centurion lounge at airports. points wise ever since the reserve came out i have been using plat less and less.

the citi prestige offers crazy points potential, however their programs and connections don't seem that good such as amex and chase.
Is the new Prestige Card out now? I have the original and the best part is Priority Pass for all members of family vs. 2-3 guests for most other cars, and the 4th night free perk.

There's also the new Marriott Bonvoy card with $450 annual fee but $300 in annual credit at Marriott properties, one night free up to 50,000 points a year and $100 food credit at their premium like like Ritz and St. Regis with no limit a year for now. It has the usual Priority Pass lounges and $100 for TSA/GOES pass credit. You'll make money with the $300 credit, and one night stay alone. There's also a 100,000 sign up bonus but Marriott points are worth as much as other points.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0