02-21-2019, 08:40 PM   #11
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tony View Post
Actually most of the X1s I have looked have in the USA don't have the button under the hazard lights button, so there might be a difference with the rest of the work markets. That seems to be the source of confusion. So for the USA, I believe that at the minimum, you need the Driver's assistance for any braking intervention, and possibly the DA Plus for complete braking, but I might be wrong still!
@landrumdh & Stony & bmwz4

You are correct, this is a global forum and specs do vary, so I stand corrected.
I had based my earlier replies on U.K., wider reading from several countries and BMW USA technical documents.

I also went onto bmw USA site a few days ago and looked at build options for 2019 X1 and they all showed the “active driving assistant” as a standard feature, so for 2019 the US now gets full driver assist as standard whereas other regions only get collision warning. Hope this is actually the case!

I do not know if the assist button was always present for F48 with the feature but I went and looked at several videos of USA X1 reviews including 2016 dealer launch showing features/functions and you are correct, no KAFAS camera and no “driver assist button” on view. I wonder if less than impressive performance of the system (I.e it does/did not work consistently well) meant BMW USA pulled it as a standard feature before launch? I will try check out videos for EU.

Thanks for putting me straight, I have edited my earlier posts as they were misleading.

Last edited by MJE60; 02-21-2019 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 0