Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
If the idle speed has dropped and it idles rough SINCE a valve cover/gasket change on an N52 engine, it is likely that you have an air leak into the intake manifold, downstream of the MAF, causing lean idle. Particularly suspect is the PCV Breather hose from the rear of the Valve Cover.

Rather than try to increase idle speed through coding of some type, I would try to identify any air leak and fix that. One method of locating a cracked hose that is not capable of easy visual inspection is (with a COLD engine) spray ether/starting fluid on all hoses/connections to the manifold downstream of the MAF and if the idle speed increases when a certain area is sprayed, you have found the leak.

George
Well its shaking only slightly, more like vibrating. Only on idle you can feel seat vibrating like phone on lowest setting, so all mechanics are telling me that that's how it should be... Do you think that such small vibration is vacuum leak? I think it might be realy small leak and not sure if its easy to catch such leak... Increase RPM could be the best option for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Indeed. Fix the cause, not the symptom. But if you insist. ISTA D Rheingold can do this.
How could I do it with ISTA D? I was going through it and could not find where to set the value. ISTA D seems more like a manual than the tool where I could set values. Could you tell me where I could set the value?
It's in service functions, drive, DME, Adjustment of idle speed.

Connect your car first of course.
Appreciate 1
Hotter72.00