United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
I did some experiments with Launch Control RPM
( onfireX5 recommends the best Lunch at 2.7K )

Here is what I noticed:
At about 2.5- 2.7 RPM it short shifts super short at around 4K sometimes not even that, I have seen at 3k shifts ( I believe not enough boost sense it doesn't spin tires much ) see second video

At 3k it lunches super mad and spins even at second gear ( builded enough boost ) see first video

Mine conclusion is: This car will bring best time at full boost at 3K but ONLY with wider tires like 285front and 305 back ( which I will order soon anyway regardless of lunch Control )

I will order V Box after winter and record numbers and see what will bring the best 1/4 mile
This car is a beast and I love it
Having 600 mil on race chip and works flawlessly
Also having Eisenmann Race exhaust
Eisenmann non resonated mid pipes
Eisenmann lower down pips

Look at the attached pic I took of your 3000rpm launch in 1st gear. It actually short shifted while spinning into 2nd gear at 4000ish rpm(GEAR INDICATOR 2 ) (18 seconds into the vid) and kept spinning until it caught some traction and pulled the rpm down to recover the rest of 2nd gear before it shifted into 3rd.

Interesting vid. Thanks for posting. BMW's Control Logic is to up shift if certain wheel speed parameters are exceeded even if DSC is OFF.

Only other thing I have noticed, (report what you observe), is it always allows 1st gear to redline on a rolling start....has never 4000rpm shifted 'yet' , that way.
Nice catch!!
Didn't have much time to look into details, but I never had it short shift in rolling start.
Interesting that it was spinning in second gear too. Temperature was 55deg which has a lot to do with grip.
I had that car launched several times and it never past 4K RPM even with less wheel spin.
Trying to figure this sucker out. Lol
Try to find the best RPM for best acceleration, which is very hard to dial the RPM, holding a little longer and there it goes to 3K
onfireX53619.50