08-21-2018, 09:16 AM   #12
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadske View Post
It works well here in Denmark - but again mostly on freeways is where I find it useful.

Now one thing I don’t understand is - why is there no audible tone or something to alert you when it looses the ability to follow the road? In the HUD you only see it turn grey, and you really have to watch carefully.

I understand it’s only meant as an assistance tool, and that hands on the wheel is required. I still think some sort of ‘beep’ would be useful though, making you aware.
I was in Copenhagen last week and the motorways are excellent and people generally, like in most of Western Europe, know how to actually drive. Now driving around the center of the city is a different story. Lots of traffic and many bicycles but they seem to co-exist happily with each other. Here in the US we are so behind the times in comparison to Scandinavia, is not even funny.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0