07-30-2018, 08:25 PM   #10
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
M3MPH1S, just curious, what attracts you to this kit other than the low cost of entry versus a full BBK?

Why do you feel you need this upgrade? Are you trying to resolve a perceived deficiency in the OEM setup? What is the intended use? What leads you to believe this will be an effective upgrade?

I'm all for a productive discussion to share knowledge on braking systems in the interest of helping you find something that will work. We've discussed it before but sometimes these discussions get lost in the shuffle of us bullshitting.
Honestly, I've been quite satisfied with the OEM setup + Pagid RS29 pads up until recently when I've started having issues with mushy pedal feel for about the first 1/4 to 1/3 of the pedal travel. I already installed SS lines and I've tried re-bleeding fluid (Castrol SRF), but it still doesn't really help. After the pads actually engage, the brakes still work fantastically.

The other part of my situation is that I've got 148k miles on the car and there doesn't seem to be a large sample size as to what parts will start to go out, especially with extra abuse from the track. It's probably mostly in my head, but still have to wonder. And I am also due for front rotors soon. So those 2 things combined had me re-looking into buying some type of BBK sooner rather than later. I was thinking that maybe by replacing the calipers with fresh ones (even if the 4 piston Brembo was the same performance as OEM) that I might fix my pedal issue. And of course for the rotors, now would be a good time to switch to a BBK since I need new ones anyway, so whether it was OEM/Brembo or Stoptech, anyway wanted to make a decision.
Appreciate 0