07-30-2018, 07:35 PM   #4
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MPH1S View Post
I saw this 4 piston Brembo retrofit BBK in another thread that I've never seen before and wanted to hear y'alls thoughts on the idea of using this as a cost-conscious setup with a small performance gain.

https://freakyparts.co.uk/collection...-big-brake-kit

Without any pads the kit is £600, plus shipping to the US is about £50, so that comes out to about $850 shipped. You can also add Ferodo, Carbotech, and Pagid pads for extra money but it seems cheaper to source those domestically.

What I'm wondering is how well this will perform compared to the stock calipers. I'm guessing better, but I was thinking if it's 4 tiny pistons vs our 1 massive piston it might be the same/worse. It looks like it might save some weight too. Of course the biggest advantage is that since it fits OEM rotors, I can buy them through FCP Euro and replace them for free (minus return shipping cost).

There is a huge thread about another company that does the same thing: Brembo caliper retrofits on E92 brake rotors. I suggest reading through it, there's been extensive debate on how much of an upgrade this is for sustained hard use.

The setup is fine for improving aesthetics and street driving, but I would never use it on the track.