Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
How are you able to get complete service history? My service writer held it hostage on my first and only visit so far to Niello BMW of Elk Grove. Said it was not my property since I am not the original owner and has original owner information on it... sounded like BS but I didnt press the issue, just smiled and chuckled.

Is there another way to access service info or is BMW of Sarasota providing you with it?
I think it's up to the discretion of the dealership. There are no laws on providing this info (at least in my state). They should be able to provide it with the original owners' info removed. As an example, my local BMW dealer has actually provided a printed copy of the service history on a car I was interested in with no hassle. On the other hand, the BMW dealer 60 miles away said they would not provide this info under any circumstance even when I said that I would never buy a used car without it!
I agree that it should be available upon request without previous owner info if that is truly a concern of BMW. Interesting how some dealers will just hand it over and others are protecting it from current owners. Strange.
Appreciate 0