View Single Post
      02-09-2017, 01:06 AM   #21
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post

Very nice that FLAC is supported too, but TBH there is too much going on inside a car for me to appreciate the details it brings. On a good stereo at home or a nice pair of headphones, I can probably ABX FLAC at least 50% of the time, but in a car I just don't see the point when you can get such a great compression ratio with a high VBR AAC or MP3.

Does it handle album art from FLAC? (IIRC that isn't actually standardized anywhere.)

And jeez, spinning rust in a car, you're a braver person than I. (Or at least, I assume you're using spinning rust in 2TB capacity, because 2TB SSDs added to portable enclosures just for music in the car is Bentley/Rolls levels of "baller.") Especially with the sort of g-loads an M2 can generate... I would be really pissed off if I managed to physically crash a hard drive during a track day and not have music for the rest of the time. Flash memory FTW.
I have used both B&O as well as HK system. I notice difference in vehicle with *flac over 320 mp3. I am also not going to keep my collections in too many formats.

I verify and modify tags with Mp3tag. I get all pertinent data, including album (all resized to 500 x 500 pixel).

I use both flash drives as well as regular 7200 rpm HDD. My 2TB drives are either hybrid or straight disc. I save larger capacity SSD for my actual computers.
Appreciate 0