01-21-2017, 06:28 AM   #47
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3 View Post
I test rode a 2.0d with basic suspension on 18 non r/f tires on motorway and English country lanes. I did not find anything to alarm me with the ride. We are coming from 2.5 year old Qashqai on 17 inch wheels and before that a 120d on 17 inch r/f tires.

My order is for basic suspension on 18 inch
You'll be fine. I have RFT+18"+DDC and Sport setting is a little bit crashy for the day to day driving in my opinion. Having said that, I do try the stiffer mode occasionally, whenever I'm on a nice twisty B-road. Just for fun.

Most negative reviews are about RFT+19" combined with stiffer suspension. Journalists are always given the top trim cars. I haven't yet seen any review of 17" wheels and standard tyres. Another thing to consider, I believe the standard US suspension is the same as M-Sport suspension everywhere else. Meaning it's stiffer and has less playroom. That too might be why a lot of US reviews about the ride are negative. Not sure, but I think it's to do with their regulations on rollover prevention.

-- For comfort only, there's no point paying extra for DDC.

-- If you just want an occasional fun drive, it's definitely worth the extra. Specially if you are ordering the M-Sport trim, since it's going to be a cheaper option.

-- If you want a sporty drive all the time, you shouldn't be complaining about stiff suspension.
Appreciate 0