01-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #45
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
Just look at current forecasts from vehicle manufacturers and quite a few credible people.
Again: the aim of all of these is revenue, first and foremost. Sell saving lives to governments, they buy in. Sell it to consumers, they buy in. Sell it to engineers, social scientists, practical realists such as myself, and any number of other intellectuals who can see the big picture -- we see the holes. And they are gargantuan.

We're not talking about speed cameras, downtown parking, or even universal healthcare here. We're talking about a primary method of individual travel and enabler of personal freedom, and an industry that throughout its history has been resistant to change unless it is forced upon it.

Quote:
It's your kind of thinking that stalls innovation.
No offense, because you don't know me ... but my entire career -- careers, actually -- has been made by my ability to think both creatively and practically in real-world situations. My kind of thinking keeps creatives who don't (or can't) see the big picture from being fired, and keeps others properly aware and informed, within certain areas of interest.

You're conversing with a bad-ass. Be careful about what you assume.

Quote:
I bet someone can answer your questions with great detail.

Just because I dont know, doesn't mean there is no answer lol.
Point taken. But you did decide to engage. And I have done my research (including reading the article you linked to; I'd read it beforehand) and understand the practical hurdles to the blanket adoption of autonomous vehicles. It goes beyond technology. Way beyond technology.
Appreciate 0