View Single Post
      11-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #83
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting for LBB M2

I haven't called yet, but checked my VIN on WW and it wasn't found, so I'm not on Theben either. Looking around, it seems that quite a few ships will be leaving between Nov 5-8, so fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Mine arrived at the port on 11/2. Waiting for the boat.

OK, heres' a question to keep us all busy while we wait: What would you be willing to pay if BMW offered a service where by you could watch your car in real time as it went through each step of manufacturing, then, once built it had a web cam affixed to it that would give you a 360 degree view (live stream HD video of course) of where your car was at any moment, live, throughout it's entire journey. Let's sweeten the deal and say it would also log key events like being loaded on the ship, for later playback via a web portal (like a home security web cam). At the end, of course, you get a DVD of the entire journey which ends with you walking up to your car for the very first time. How cool would that be?

OK, OK, I'd be a buyer at $249. Anyone else?
That's quite an idea! Sounds really cool, but realistically I probably wouldn't pay much for it. With ~6 weeks start to delivery, I wouldn't be checking the live feed that much - a few minutes per week, maybe more during actual production. So I'd say $50.
Appreciate 0