09-29-2016, 04:00 PM   #118
heavystarch
one day...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Golf R tornado red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRAPOVICOWNS View Post
So every time BMW tries to make something different, sleeker, pushing the envelope, everyone cries because it looks like a Korean car? I seriously can't see that. Kudos to Korean automakers for trying something different, thing that automakers like Audi certainly never heard about it.

And don't worry guys, the G30 reveal its getting close. Those who like boring and bland designs, glorified 3er interior, will be very pleased with the g30. Just like the 7er..a "success"..in being boring as fck.
^^^^^^^^ SO MUCH THIS ^^^^^^^^

Options I'd like to see and features to keep or boot.
  • RWD and AWD variants (or just AWD...but of course it will be FWD...so there better be an AWD variant with RWD bias)
  • 3 standard variants:
  • "Urban-City" - "Luxury/Luxe" - "Sport-Dune"
  • X2M with the same engine as the M2...best have something to push against the GLA45 from MB.
  • MANUAL TRANSMISSION!!!! This is extremely unlikely but goddamnit I like fucking with my gears
  • NAPPA leather option. Fuck the fucking Dakota leather. Make it BMW Synthetic for base material or Nappa leather as the upgrade.
  • Keep the headlights. Sexy.
  • The grill upside down...hmmm not so sure but could grow on me
  • I love the side roundels...cool nod to the the old E9

It may not be pure in BMW design but it has elements and components of the BMW language. It's a forward looking design that is meant to attract a younger generation that may not be as rigid about more classical BMW design cues. BMW probably needs to make a bold move like this (as they did with i3/8) in order to attract new buyers to the brand.

Last edited by heavystarch; 09-29-2016 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 0