07-07-2016, 11:23 AM   #117
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Agreed. Don't even know why it was even brought up.

This goes straight back to Baltimore. The city literally burned for the entire night in response to a decision that people felt was unjust. And what did law enforcement do in response to the ignorance? Silent, steadfast monitoring and resistance. Not a single bullet was fired.

Of course, the city was destroyed on an absolutely ridiculous premise, and it fueled the notion of ignorance that generally surrounds black people. So when black leaders and those in power gather together to speak on issues such as theses and to rally individuals in a positive manner, I think that is the best thing they can reasonably do given the scenario.

However, I'm seeing an increasingly disturbing calling for blood, from an increasing number of blacks who are tired of taking a so-called "peaceful" approach. That's what actually frustrates me the most, because if things to transition toward a real-life "purge" between law enforcement and citizens, then legalities will have to change and the situation will literally be bad for everyone involved. That's all I'm seeing right now.
I'm still upset about how law enforcement seemed to just stand aside and let lawlessness prevail. Talk about sending the wrong message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Both men died, for the record.
Yes, both needlessly. One directly due to decisions he made. The other is not so clear.